Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Still Waiting For Word From Surgeon

The audiologist predicted two weeks.  I predicted three weeks.  We were both wrong.  It has been three weeks since my audiological evaluation and no word from the surgeon.  I received the written audiological report two weeks after the audiological evaluation so I wonder if I should be counting two weeks from that point. I actually started this process in April.  It is now the beginning of August and I still don't know with certainty that I am going to receive an implant.

I have tried to plan my time to be busy so I don't obsess about the implant.  I have kept up with Facebook's Cochlear groups and the Cochlear Community.  I started my own blog. I have gone to dinners with girlfriends.  I have gone on a week long trip to the mountains (May) and  I have gone on two long weekend trips to Homosassa Springs to visit with my girlfriend and take sewing related classes( July.) I have made a Penquin quilt for my son's girlfriend and a Butterfly baby quilt for my niece (May-June.) Now I have started a Christmas quilt to give to one of my sister-in-laws.

In the background of all this busyness remains the waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment