Saturday, June 27, 2015

Right Hearing Aid Died Again

My right hearing aid died again.  In April, I went to Florida  State University's Schendel Speech and Hearing Clinic  to get it fixed and it started working on its own. Lucky me.  That appointment at FSU lead to discussion about a Hybrid Cochlear Implant.   I have decided I am very interested in the implant.  Well, my interest is to be able to better participate in conversations and implants are the only thing that offers that potential now.

However, I need both of my hearing aids to last through the evaluation process. The hearing aids are about ten years old so I think I am pushing their lifespan. As yesterday was a rainy day, I put the hearing aid in a dry box in the hope that it is just moisture fouling the connections.  If it is not working by Monday, I will have to call C. Johnson to see what to do next. I am hopeful either that the aid dries out and begins working or this does not cause a delay in the evaluation process.

No comments:

Post a Comment